Forest Gate clinic celebrates popular doctor’s retirement
- Credit: Archant
A popular doctor has retired after serving residents across Newham for almost 20 years.
Staff, patients, and family members came together to celebrate the 19 year career of Dr Atmaji Manam at Claremont Clinic, in Romford Road, Forest Gate.
The medic is hoping to use her retirement to develop her research in the “spiritual field”.
She said: “I have really enjoyed working at the clinic and to have treated patients and developed relationships with colleagues over the past 19 years.
“It was a really nice send-off and the fact that I have retired hasn’t really kicked in yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Colleagues threw the doctor a retirement party on June 30 at the medical centre.
Dr Manam added: “A couple of my colleagues played some music during the party. I had my niece who came from America attend the party too.
- 1 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 8 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 9 'We love away days' says West Ham star Declan Rice
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
“We also had another party a week before just for colleagues which was really nice.”
The medic did her training in India and then went to work in Jamaica for a few years before heading to Newham to work as a general practitioner.
“I decided to work as a GP as it allowed me to incorporate all of my medical training together and to deliver this to patients.
“I will miss it. It has been great. I’m now hoping to develop my understanding of the spiritual field and do more research into religion.”
Colleagues have also commended the doctor for her service over the past years,
A statement from staff members at Claremont Clinic reads: “We would like to thank Dr Manam for her continued commitment and contribution to the clinic.
“We would also like to wish her all the best in her retirement.”