Forest Gate care home celebrates 15th anniversary
- Credit: Patricia Allen
A Forest Gate care home has marked its 15th anniversary with a party.
Family and friends joined the 13 residents and their carers at Sahara Lodge, in Earlham Grove, for a celebratory afternoon.
Those living in partner care homes in Ilford and Barking were also invited.
Around 50 people enjoyed activities including karaoke before founder Sharon Kaur cut a celebratory cake.
Patricia Allen, team leader at Sahara Care, said: “Staff worked really hard to make it a great day.”
You may also want to watch:
Sahara Lodge is a residential care home for adults with learning difficulties.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley