Footballers visit Newham College ahead of restaurant launch
- Credit: Archant
Former footballers Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville visited Newham College this week to speak about their new restaurant.
They spoke to staff and students from the catering, hospitality, business and sport departments about their careers and their venture into the hospitality industry.
The pair, who have played for Manchester United more than 1000 times between them, will be launching Café Football in Westfield Stratford City next month.
Newham College’s executive director of East Ham Campus, Mary Herbert said: “It’s great to have our students learn about sports and business from such talented people.
“We certainly want a long-term relationship with Café Football and Gary’s and Ryan’s appearance here will play a big part in developing that.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the appearance at Newham College, the duo joined the restaurant’s executive chef, Brendan Fyldes, and creative director Michael Wignall for cook-offs at Westfield Stratford City.
They demonstrated three of the dishes that will be on the menu when Café Football opens on December 12.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
Ryan said: “It was great to see just how much excitement and buzz there is surrounding the opening of Café Football. We can’t wait to officially open the doors and welcome customers in.”