Footballers visit Newham College ahead of restaurant launch
- Credit: Archant
Former footballers Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville visited Newham College this week to speak about their new restaurant.
They spoke to staff and students from the catering, hospitality, business and sport departments about their careers and their venture into the hospitality industry.
The pair, who have played for Manchester United more than 1000 times between them, will be launching Café Football in Westfield Stratford City next month.
Newham College’s executive director of East Ham Campus, Mary Herbert said: “It’s great to have our students learn about sports and business from such talented people.
“We certainly want a long-term relationship with Café Football and Gary’s and Ryan’s appearance here will play a big part in developing that.”
Following the appearance at Newham College, the duo joined the restaurant’s executive chef, Brendan Fyldes, and creative director Michael Wignall for cook-offs at Westfield Stratford City.
They demonstrated three of the dishes that will be on the menu when Café Football opens on December 12.
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 7 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
Ryan said: “It was great to see just how much excitement and buzz there is surrounding the opening of Café Football. We can’t wait to officially open the doors and welcome customers in.”