Footballers visit Newham College ahead of restaurant launch
- Credit: Archant
Former footballers Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville visited Newham College this week to speak about their new restaurant.
They spoke to staff and students from the catering, hospitality, business and sport departments about their careers and their venture into the hospitality industry.
The pair, who have played for Manchester United more than 1000 times between them, will be launching Café Football in Westfield Stratford City next month.
Newham College’s executive director of East Ham Campus, Mary Herbert said: “It’s great to have our students learn about sports and business from such talented people.
“We certainly want a long-term relationship with Café Football and Gary’s and Ryan’s appearance here will play a big part in developing that.”
Following the appearance at Newham College, the duo joined the restaurant’s executive chef, Brendan Fyldes, and creative director Michael Wignall for cook-offs at Westfield Stratford City.
They demonstrated three of the dishes that will be on the menu when Café Football opens on December 12.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 3 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
Ryan said: “It was great to see just how much excitement and buzz there is surrounding the opening of Café Football. We can’t wait to officially open the doors and welcome customers in.”