Footballers visit Newham College ahead of restaurant launch
- Credit: Archant
Former footballers Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville visited Newham College this week to speak about their new restaurant.
They spoke to staff and students from the catering, hospitality, business and sport departments about their careers and their venture into the hospitality industry.
The pair, who have played for Manchester United more than 1000 times between them, will be launching Café Football in Westfield Stratford City next month.
Newham College’s executive director of East Ham Campus, Mary Herbert said: “It’s great to have our students learn about sports and business from such talented people.
“We certainly want a long-term relationship with Café Football and Gary’s and Ryan’s appearance here will play a big part in developing that.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the appearance at Newham College, the duo joined the restaurant’s executive chef, Brendan Fyldes, and creative director Michael Wignall for cook-offs at Westfield Stratford City.
They demonstrated three of the dishes that will be on the menu when Café Football opens on December 12.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 8 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
Ryan said: “It was great to see just how much excitement and buzz there is surrounding the opening of Café Football. We can’t wait to officially open the doors and welcome customers in.”