Floral tributes mount for Newham lad shot dead
FLORAL tributes are continuing to be laid at London Road, Plaistow, the sceen of a shooting which left one 16-year-old dead and another, aged 15, in hospital with a stomach wound.
Officers believe two balaclava-clad gunmen opened fire on a group of four youths from behind on Saturday at around 3.20am.
The dead lad has been named locally at Samuel Adelagun, but he has yet to be formally identified.
Apart from the flowers being left around the murder scene, tributes are appearing on the lad’s Facebook social networking site.
Friend Jackie Kilbana writes: “I go to bed thinking of you. I wake up thinking of you. I text your phone expecting a reply I call you praying you’ll pick up. Sammy it’s unreal.”
Carol Ashantii says: “Everyday I’m writing on here (the site) and everybody is crying. I miss you. I’ll never get over it.”
Strangers too have left messages, all saying he was “taken too soon.”
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 4 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 5 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 9 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
- 10 Old Bailey courts closed as barrister strike action gets under way
Scotland Yard have said both the victims were known to the police and officers are investigating to discover of the shootings were gang-related.
Det Ch Insp John Mackenzie yesterday revealed that the lads sought shelter at a house in Chesterton Road.
“I there unfortunately one of the youths died.”