Floral tributes mount for Newham lad shot dead
FLORAL tributes are continuing to be laid at London Road, Plaistow, the sceen of a shooting which left one 16-year-old dead and another, aged 15, in hospital with a stomach wound.
Officers believe two balaclava-clad gunmen opened fire on a group of four youths from behind on Saturday at around 3.20am.
The dead lad has been named locally at Samuel Adelagun, but he has yet to be formally identified.
Apart from the flowers being left around the murder scene, tributes are appearing on the lad’s Facebook social networking site.
Friend Jackie Kilbana writes: “I go to bed thinking of you. I wake up thinking of you. I text your phone expecting a reply I call you praying you’ll pick up. Sammy it’s unreal.”
You may also want to watch:
Carol Ashantii says: “Everyday I’m writing on here (the site) and everybody is crying. I miss you. I’ll never get over it.”
Strangers too have left messages, all saying he was “taken too soon.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
Scotland Yard have said both the victims were known to the police and officers are investigating to discover of the shootings were gang-related.
Det Ch Insp John Mackenzie yesterday revealed that the lads sought shelter at a house in Chesterton Road.
“I there unfortunately one of the youths died.”