Floral tributes mount for Newham lad shot dead
FLORAL tributes are continuing to be laid at London Road, Plaistow, the sceen of a shooting which left one 16-year-old dead and another, aged 15, in hospital with a stomach wound.
Officers believe two balaclava-clad gunmen opened fire on a group of four youths from behind on Saturday at around 3.20am.
The dead lad has been named locally at Samuel Adelagun, but he has yet to be formally identified.
Apart from the flowers being left around the murder scene, tributes are appearing on the lad’s Facebook social networking site.
Friend Jackie Kilbana writes: “I go to bed thinking of you. I wake up thinking of you. I text your phone expecting a reply I call you praying you’ll pick up. Sammy it’s unreal.”
You may also want to watch:
Carol Ashantii says: “Everyday I’m writing on here (the site) and everybody is crying. I miss you. I’ll never get over it.”
Strangers too have left messages, all saying he was “taken too soon.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
Scotland Yard have said both the victims were known to the police and officers are investigating to discover of the shootings were gang-related.
Det Ch Insp John Mackenzie yesterday revealed that the lads sought shelter at a house in Chesterton Road.
“I there unfortunately one of the youths died.”