Floral tributes mount for Newham lad shot dead
FLORAL tributes are continuing to be laid at London Road, Plaistow, the sceen of a shooting which left one 16-year-old dead and another, aged 15, in hospital with a stomach wound.
Officers believe two balaclava-clad gunmen opened fire on a group of four youths from behind on Saturday at around 3.20am.
The dead lad has been named locally at Samuel Adelagun, but he has yet to be formally identified.
Apart from the flowers being left around the murder scene, tributes are appearing on the lad’s Facebook social networking site.
Friend Jackie Kilbana writes: “I go to bed thinking of you. I wake up thinking of you. I text your phone expecting a reply I call you praying you’ll pick up. Sammy it’s unreal.”
You may also want to watch:
Carol Ashantii says: “Everyday I’m writing on here (the site) and everybody is crying. I miss you. I’ll never get over it.”
Strangers too have left messages, all saying he was “taken too soon.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
Scotland Yard have said both the victims were known to the police and officers are investigating to discover of the shootings were gang-related.
Det Ch Insp John Mackenzie yesterday revealed that the lads sought shelter at a house in Chesterton Road.
“I there unfortunately one of the youths died.”