Floral tributes left as police appeal over Custom House murder of young man, 18
The family of a young Newham murder victim are too devasted to speak following his murder just yards from his home.
Police launched the murder investigation following the death of a young man named locally as Danny O’Shea.
Floral tributes have been left at the scene, including one which read: “To our darling bro Danny, we miss you so much.”
A family spokesman asked for privacy and simply said: “Danny was a good boy.”
Police were called to Gill Avenue, Custom House, shortly after 6.15pm last night following reports of an injured male.
You may also want to watch:
On arrival officers found a male with injuries consistent with stab wounds.
London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance were also called to the scene.
- 1 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
- 2 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
But despite their efforts to keep him alive, the 18-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.50pm.
Formal identification will take place soo. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course, said a Scotland Yard spokesman. There have been no arrests.
Forensic officers and other police were combing the scene for evidence until darkness fell this evening.
An incident room has opened in Barking under Det Chief Insp John MacDonald of the Homicide and Serious Crimes Command.
He said: “We believe that the victim may have been chased from Butchers Road at the junction of Hooper Road down into Boreham Avenue, Custom House. The people chasing him comprised of a group of black males.”
It is understood the victim has throat injuries and he collapsed not far from his home.
Anyone with information or witnesses can contacted the incident room on (020) 8 345 3985 or anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
Local people turned up near to Danny’s home to leave floral tributes to the victim’s home.