Five Newham schools’ campaign to sing for homeless
Five schools in Newham will sing together in two concerts to highlight the plight of the homeless and underprivileged.
Cleves Primary School, in East Ham, is teaming up with Grange, Curwen, Portway and Lister Primary Schools, all in Plaistow, for a one-off performance at Stratford Circus to help the most vulnerable in the borough.
On Sunday, the Theatre Square venue will be opening its doors for Many Voices, the pupils’ choir, who have been working with singing coaches Vocal Breakthrough and musicians Echo.
Guests are asked to bring a tin of soup as part of a group donation to a local soup kitchen, with Sainsbury’s supermarket also contributing soup to the cause and providing a raffle prize.
The schools are inviting everyone in Newham to drop off tins at any of the five participating schools to be handed over to the soup kitchen after another performance at Cleves Primary School, in Arragon Road, on June 16.
You may also want to watch:
Vocal Breakthrough presents Many Voices will be performing at 3pm on Sunday May 20 at Stratford Circus, Theatre Square, Stratford, E15 1BX.
Tickets are �6 for Adults, �3 for children aged 16 and under and under 5s are free by calling 0844 357 2625, online at www.stratford-circus.com or on the door.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town