Five Newham schools’ campaign to sing for homeless
Five schools in Newham will sing together in two concerts to highlight the plight of the homeless and underprivileged.
Cleves Primary School, in East Ham, is teaming up with Grange, Curwen, Portway and Lister Primary Schools, all in Plaistow, for a one-off performance at Stratford Circus to help the most vulnerable in the borough.
On Sunday, the Theatre Square venue will be opening its doors for Many Voices, the pupils’ choir, who have been working with singing coaches Vocal Breakthrough and musicians Echo.
Guests are asked to bring a tin of soup as part of a group donation to a local soup kitchen, with Sainsbury’s supermarket also contributing soup to the cause and providing a raffle prize.
The schools are inviting everyone in Newham to drop off tins at any of the five participating schools to be handed over to the soup kitchen after another performance at Cleves Primary School, in Arragon Road, on June 16.
You may also want to watch:
Vocal Breakthrough presents Many Voices will be performing at 3pm on Sunday May 20 at Stratford Circus, Theatre Square, Stratford, E15 1BX.
Tickets are �6 for Adults, �3 for children aged 16 and under and under 5s are free by calling 0844 357 2625, online at www.stratford-circus.com or on the door.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley