Five hospitalised after East Ham pile-up
Five people were taken to hospital after a three-car pile-up in East Ham last night.
The vehicles were in collision at the junction of Napier Road and Barking Road at around 9.30pm.
A man and a woman, both believed to be in their mid-30s, had to be cut free from their Toyota Yaris by firefighters.
Three other people, who had been travelling in a Ford Focus and a Vauxhall Vectra, were also hurt.
All were taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from suspected neck and spinal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Barking Road was closed for a short time, with a contraflow system then put in place and buses were diverted until the scene was cleared at around 11pm.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k