First anniversary celebration for Market Games
- Credit: Newham Council
Table tennis, giant chess and wheelchair basketball were just some of the activities on offer to mark the first anniversary of the Market Games.
Organised by the Green Street community neighbourhood team, the free event at Queen’s Market offers family-friendly activities designed to bring those living in the area together.
More than 200 people attended the anniversary celebration, with everyone who took part entered into a prize draw.
The Market Games have so far been held nine times, with a cake cut to mark the anniversary.
Cllr Ken Clark, cabinet member for building communities, public affairs, regeneration and planning, said: “The initiative is a prime example of the work of our community neighbourhood teams to bring local people together and create a community spirit.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted the Market Games have been so popular and I hope they continue to go from strength to strength.”
The next Market Games are scheduled to be held on October 28 and February 17.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?