Firefighters tackle building blaze in Manor Park
Around 40 firefighters battled a fire at a commercial building in Manor Park this morning.
Crews from East Ham, Stratford and Plaistow started tackling the blaze at what is reported to be the Church Road Studios in Church Road about 10am today.
The road is currently closed to motorists after 10 fire engines were scrambled to the scene.
Part of the roof was destroyed by the fire, while residents were advised to keep their windows closed because of the resulting smoke.
Church Road Studios is used for a range of community events, including a mother and toddler group and an arts class.
You may also want to watch:
Satpal Kaur, who works in the nearby Church Road Pharmacy, said: “I was actually doing some dispensing at the time but I heard all fire engines come down and then the road was closed.
“I heard there were some people inside the building when the call was made and that it was hard for (the firefighters) to get in because the gates were closed.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total