Firefighters tackle blaze at Millennium Mills
- Credit: London Ambulance Service/Twitter
Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze at the Millennium Mills on the Royal Docks.
Emergency services were called just before 12.30pm after a fire broke out at the former flour mill in Mill Road.
Altogether, 58 officers and eight fire engines from Dagenham, East Ham, Plaistow, Stratford, Poplar, Shadwell, Bromley and East Greenwich were called to the scene.
It is reported that half of the fourth and fifth floors were alight and 50 builders left the building before firefighters arrived.
Three thousand new homes and up to 21,000 new jobs are due to be created at the Millennium Mills in a multi- million pound project.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme was granted £12million from the Department for Communities and Local Government last month.
The site was used as a training ground for emergency services last year.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault