Firefighters rescue ducklings from drain in Beckton
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Two ducklings had to be rescued by firefighters last night after they fell down a drain near Newham City Farm.
A crew from Plaistow fire station received a call from a passerby who had seen the young pair in distress in Stansfeld Road, Beckton at around 11pm.
The Good Samaritan believed the ducklings had got stuck in the drain while following their mother across the road.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the mystery caller had disappeared but they removed the grating and placed the ducklings in the care of the RSPCA.
Crew manager Adam Stone said: “We never found out who the member of the public was but we’re glad they thought to call us.
You may also want to watch:
“We did well and it was a rescue that put a smile on the guys’ faces because it’s not a run of the mill call out, is it?”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley