Firefighters rescue ducklings from drain in Beckton
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Two ducklings had to be rescued by firefighters last night after they fell down a drain near Newham City Farm.
A crew from Plaistow fire station received a call from a passerby who had seen the young pair in distress in Stansfeld Road, Beckton at around 11pm.
The Good Samaritan believed the ducklings had got stuck in the drain while following their mother across the road.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the mystery caller had disappeared but they removed the grating and placed the ducklings in the care of the RSPCA.
Crew manager Adam Stone said: “We never found out who the member of the public was but we’re glad they thought to call us.
You may also want to watch:
“We did well and it was a rescue that put a smile on the guys’ faces because it’s not a run of the mill call out, is it?”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah