Firefighters cut woman from car in Plaistow road accident
A WOMAN was cut from her car after an accident involving two vehicles in Plaistow.
The accident took place at around 3.45pm on Barking Road at its junction with Prince Regent Lane outside The Castle pub yesterday.
Two fire engines and a fire rescue unit containing 15 firefighters from East Ham and Plaistow stations were called to the scene.
An East Ham Green Watch firefighter said: “We used cutting equipment to remove the roof of one of the cars and free an adult woman who had been trapped inside.
“It took us around 45 minutes to get her out.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service said that two patients had been taken to Newham General Hospital Plaistow for treatment at around 4.50pm.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration