Fire beside railway track between Bethnal Green and Stratford causes severe delays
- Credit: Hammersfan/Wikimedia Commons
A fire which broke out by a railway track between Bethnal Green and Stratford is causing delays.
At about 7am, Transport for London tweeted to announce services were delayed after a lineside fire had broken out beside the track.
The fire reignited and was extinguished again just after 9am.
There are severe delays between Liverpool Street and Shenfield going eastbound, and minor delays on the westbound service.
Tickets are being accepted on the underground.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is expected until 10am.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost