Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A flat has been damaged in a Manor Park blaze.
London Fire Brigade said firefighters tackled the fire at a flat above a garage on High Street North yesterday afternoon - January 13.
The Brigade said "half of the first floor flat was damaged by the fire" and a small part of the roof was also affected. There were no reports of any injuries.
Firefighters were called at 4.22pm and the fire was under control by 5.29pm.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from East Ham, Stratford, Plaistow and Ilford fire stations were at the scene.
LFB said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 6 Three-car collision in early hours causing delays at Beckton roundabout
- 7 PSPOs approved by councillors to tackle alcohol and dog nuisance
- 8 Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire
- 9 Tributes to 'much-loved' Stratford theatre worker Harvey Parker
- 10 Newham Council forced to pay £4.5k after mushrooms grow on flat carpet