Financial workers revamp Forest Gate school garden
City workers went from monitoring shares to clutching shears at a Forest Gate school.
Two teams of volunteers from Morgan Stanley helped transform the garden area at Sandringham Primary School in Sandringham Road.
The first group got to work assembling the planters and buying the shrubs and plants for the space next to the school’s family centre.
By the end of the morning, what used to be a bare corner was now a welcoming space for parents to come and relax.
The second team gave a wall in a play area at the back of the school a much-needed makeover and whitewashed several areas inside the family centre.
Jacqui Denyer, a practitioner for the School Home Support organisation, supports pupils making the move to secondary school.
She said: “The teams from Morgan Stanley were hard-working and enthusiastic and their efforts have made a real difference to the ambience of the family centre.”
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network