Financial workers revamp Forest Gate school garden
City workers went from monitoring shares to clutching shears at a Forest Gate school.
Two teams of volunteers from Morgan Stanley helped transform the garden area at Sandringham Primary School in Sandringham Road.
The first group got to work assembling the planters and buying the shrubs and plants for the space next to the school’s family centre.
By the end of the morning, what used to be a bare corner was now a welcoming space for parents to come and relax.
The second team gave a wall in a play area at the back of the school a much-needed makeover and whitewashed several areas inside the family centre.
You may also want to watch:
Jacqui Denyer, a practitioner for the School Home Support organisation, supports pupils making the move to secondary school.
She said: “The teams from Morgan Stanley were hard-working and enthusiastic and their efforts have made a real difference to the ambience of the family centre.”
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town