Financial workers revamp Forest Gate school garden
City workers went from monitoring shares to clutching shears at a Forest Gate school.
Two teams of volunteers from Morgan Stanley helped transform the garden area at Sandringham Primary School in Sandringham Road.
The first group got to work assembling the planters and buying the shrubs and plants for the space next to the school’s family centre.
By the end of the morning, what used to be a bare corner was now a welcoming space for parents to come and relax.
The second team gave a wall in a play area at the back of the school a much-needed makeover and whitewashed several areas inside the family centre.
You may also want to watch:
Jacqui Denyer, a practitioner for the School Home Support organisation, supports pupils making the move to secondary school.
She said: “The teams from Morgan Stanley were hard-working and enthusiastic and their efforts have made a real difference to the ambience of the family centre.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation