Festival fun at Richard House’s SummerFest
- Credit: Archant
Face painting, a fancy dress photo booth and a drama workshop were among the activities on offer at Richard House Children’s Hospice’s annual SummerFest.
Family, friends and children cared for at the Beckton hospice joined volunteers and members of the community for an afternoon of entertainment on Saturday.
Rachel Flower, who helped organise the event, said: “We couldn’t have wished for a better day.
“It was so amazing to see the community sharing our hospice grounds with families who use the hospice.
“So many people came together to make it a really special day. We can’t wait for next year’s event already!”
You may also want to watch:
The summer festival has been held by the hospice since 2009.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says