Man, 23, stabbed to death in Canning Town is named as Pietro Sanna
- Credit: Archant
A murder hunt has been launched after a 23-year-old man was stabbed to death in Canning Town yesterday morning.
Pietro Sanna, an Italian national who lived in the UK, was knifed several times in Ravenscroft Close.
He died at the scene.
Detectives are keeping an open mind to why he was stabbed and are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Holmes, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a brutal and vicious attack on a young man in his home. We are keeping an open mind as to the motive of this attack.
You may also want to watch:
“At this early stage of the investigation, I would appeal for all witnesses and those with information concerning this fatal attack to contact the incident room as soon as possible.”
A special post mortem will take place in due course.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Moyes praises determination of squad as West Ham beat rivals Tottenham
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 1570.
Hours after Pietro’s murder a second man was stabbed to death in the borough.
The victim, who is his 30s and has not been named, was knifed in White Horse Road, East Ham, just after 8pm.
There have been no arrests in connection with either stabbings .