Fashion staff raise cash for Beckton children’s hospice
Staff from Aurora Fashions have raised more than £3,000 for a children’s hospice
Two teams of employees from the fashion retailer took over the tills at Richard House shops in Hornchurch and Dagenham Heathway to see who could bring in the most money in a day.
They were split randomly and each team had to sort and price goods, organise the displays, work on the tills and assist customers.
Aurora, which develops and manages Oasis, Coast and Warehouse, provided stock specially for the event which led to hoards of shoppers eagerly waiting for their arrival.
Aurora have raised over £13,000 over the past six months though a series of fundraising events which culminated in yesterday’s activities. This included taking part in a 20 mile Monopoly walk, visiting every location on the London Monopoly board from Old Kent Road to Mayfair. They also took to the water with a swim-a-thon event and earlier this week a team scaled the O2 arena in Greenwich.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised from the shop challenge will go towards providing free care and services for the 300 families and children supported by the hospice, based in Beckton.
Dana Aboul-Jabine, new business executive at Richard House Children’s Hospice, said: “It was amazing effort by everyone involved at Aurora, and shows just how committed they are to making a real difference to children, young adults and families who use the hospice’s services. Aurora have been wonderful champions of Richard House, and we are extremely grateful for their continuing support.”
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim