Family of seven escape Stratford blaze drama
A family of seven had a lucky escape when their smoke alarm alerted them to a blaze at their Stratford home this morning.
All three floors of their house in The Green were damaged by the fire, which broke out just before 2am.
Four adults and three children fled the property before firecrews arrived.
They were suffering from smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital by ambulance.
Two fire engines and 10 firefighters spent around an hour tackling the blaze and five people were evacuated from neighbouring properties.
You may also want to watch:
Watch Manager Jason Butcher said: “The family were woken up by their smoke alarm which gave them precious time to get out.
“Had it not been for the alarm this incident could have been a lot worse and people could have lost their lives as the fire was really fierce.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley