Family of seven escape Stratford blaze drama
A family of seven had a lucky escape when their smoke alarm alerted them to a blaze at their Stratford home this morning.
All three floors of their house in The Green were damaged by the fire, which broke out just before 2am.
Four adults and three children fled the property before firecrews arrived.
They were suffering from smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital by ambulance.
Two fire engines and 10 firefighters spent around an hour tackling the blaze and five people were evacuated from neighbouring properties.
You may also want to watch:
Watch Manager Jason Butcher said: “The family were woken up by their smoke alarm which gave them precious time to get out.
“Had it not been for the alarm this incident could have been a lot worse and people could have lost their lives as the fire was really fierce.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79