Family of seven escape Stratford blaze drama
A family of seven had a lucky escape when their smoke alarm alerted them to a blaze at their Stratford home this morning.
All three floors of their house in The Green were damaged by the fire, which broke out just before 2am.
Four adults and three children fled the property before firecrews arrived.
They were suffering from smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital by ambulance.
Two fire engines and 10 firefighters spent around an hour tackling the blaze and five people were evacuated from neighbouring properties.
You may also want to watch:
Watch Manager Jason Butcher said: “The family were woken up by their smoke alarm which gave them precious time to get out.
“Had it not been for the alarm this incident could have been a lot worse and people could have lost their lives as the fire was really fierce.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation