Family fun for Chinese New Year at East Ham Market
- Credit: Archant
East Ham Market will be hosting a celebration of the Chinese New Year on Saturday.
It will feature performances such as lion dancers, while children will receive a small gift from the market.
Michelle Fitzgibbons, the sales and marketing manager for East Ham Market, has been driving around the area in a specially decorated car to promote the event.
She said: “It’s been going for four years now and growing all the time.
“The first year we only had about ten people turn up but last year we had around 200, which was great.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to embrace other cultures in the community.”
The event will take place at the market hall in Myrtle Road between 12 and 4pm, with performances starting on the hour.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett