Family fun for Chinese New Year at East Ham Market
- Credit: Archant
East Ham Market will be hosting a celebration of the Chinese New Year on Saturday.
It will feature performances such as lion dancers, while children will receive a small gift from the market.
Michelle Fitzgibbons, the sales and marketing manager for East Ham Market, has been driving around the area in a specially decorated car to promote the event.
She said: “It’s been going for four years now and growing all the time.
“The first year we only had about ten people turn up but last year we had around 200, which was great.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to embrace other cultures in the community.”
The event will take place at the market hall in Myrtle Road between 12 and 4pm, with performances starting on the hour.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services