Family fun for Chinese New Year at East Ham Market
- Credit: Archant
East Ham Market will be hosting a celebration of the Chinese New Year on Saturday.
It will feature performances such as lion dancers, while children will receive a small gift from the market.
Michelle Fitzgibbons, the sales and marketing manager for East Ham Market, has been driving around the area in a specially decorated car to promote the event.
She said: “It’s been going for four years now and growing all the time.
“The first year we only had about ten people turn up but last year we had around 200, which was great.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to embrace other cultures in the community.”
The event will take place at the market hall in Myrtle Road between 12 and 4pm, with performances starting on the hour.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years