Family concerned about missing Beckton man appeal for help in finding him
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help in finding an elderly man missing from his home since yesterday.
Joseph Sammut, 74, was reported missing from his home in Savage Gardens, Beckton at about 3pm. His family are said to be extremely concerned as to his whereabouts.
He is known to suffer from diabetes, dementia and high blood pressure. He takes medication twice daily.
He has lost his freedom pass but is still known to travel on buses without it, which means he may have travelled to other parts of London.
He is known to frequent Newham, Ilford, Romford and Barking.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as white, of medium build with a grey beard and short grey hair. He was last seen wearing a light grey/blue T-shirt, black hoody, black bottoms and black trainers.
Anyone with information about Joseph Sammut is asked to call Newham police on 101 or 0208 217 585.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards