Families enjoy Stratford street party
- Credit: Archant
Tug of war, face-painting and giant jenga are just some of the activities families were able to enjoy at a recent Stratford street party.
Residents in Morley Road came together for the fun-filled event, part funded by Newham Council’s Lets Get The Party Started grant, on September 6.
The party, which was also held last summer, was inspired by similar events that former residents used to enjoy more than 30 years ago.
Party organiser, Caroline Eder, said: “The thing that makes the day so magic is that everyone comes out and gets involved and helps in the setup and cleaning up.
“There is also a lot of cross generational interactions which is very nice to see. It is also great for the kids to have the run of the street and be able to play on the road with their neighbours.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents are also hoping to organise a similar event next year.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?