FA CUP LATEST: Smith is hoping Orient can pull off a cup shock
Midfielder insists that confidence is high ahead of Norwich clash
ORIENT midfielder Jimmy Smith makes a sentimental return to Carrow Road this afternoon and is relishing the prospect of trying to help Russell Slade’s side pull off an FA Cup shock.
Smith, who spent at loan spell at Norwich in 2007 while he was at Chelsea, insists Orient will not be intimidated by the Championship high flyers.
“There is a lot of confidence amongst the boys and we’re coming off a good win,” said Smith, after the O’s bounced back to winning ways with a 4-2 success against Colchester United on Monday.
“It would be nice to have a good run in the cup. We know we are going to be underdogs, but that doesn’t faze us. We’ll look to go and do a job.”
You may also want to watch:
“The FA Cup is always about who wants it most on the day, because it really is a competition where anyone can beat anyone.
“I’m looking forward to it, because I know there will be a great atmosphere.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
Smith returned to Norwich for the first time last season when O’s lost 4-0 in a League One encounter, as they were sunk by a late barrage after JJ Melligan saw red.
But Smith is hoping for better things this time around.
“We started well, but got a man sent-off and that is what killed us,” he said.