FA CUP HALF-TIME: Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Orient 1
Green hits back for Daggers after Revell strikes for O’s
Half time: Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Orient 1
In a dramatic ending to the first half Alex Revell fired Orient ahead, but their joy lasted less than two minutes, as Danny Green fired Daggers level in the second minute of stoppage time.
It was a pulsating ending to the first half of what was a full-blooded derby clash,
Orient were quick out of the blocks and created the first chance on three minutes when Revell’s shot was pushed away by Chris Lewington in the home goal.
You may also want to watch:
In a lively start Daggers hit back and Romain Vincelot, who scored twice against the O’s in the league fixture back in September, saw a close range header saved by Lee Butcher in the visiting goal, before Bas Savage went close with a header.
As Daggers looked to step up a gear, Danny Green fired a shot just wide from 20 yards on 10 minues.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
The game started to settle down and Orient hit back and could have taken the lead on 17 minutes when Jonathan Tehoue, making a rare start, headed a corner from Charlie Daniels just wide.
O’s went close again when Solomon Taiwo’s back-pass fell short of the mark and keeper Lewington had to rush from his goal as Jimmy Smith raced through. The home keeper just got a boot to the ball first to deny the Orient midfielder.
In a fierce cup tie, Matt Spring had an effort blocked after good work by Dean Cox and Stephen Dawson, but Daggers came storming back and Green’s shot was well saved by Butcher.
Then Daggers defender Damien McCrory popped up on the left wing and fired an effort just over the top.
But Orient broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time when Tehoue went on a powerful run down the right and set up Revell, who fired home his seventh goal of the season.
But there was still time for the Daggers to level when Green fired in a free-kick from 25 yards that went in off a post
Dagenham & Redbridge: Lewington, McCorory, Antwi, Arber, Green, Nurse, Palsson, Savage, Taiwo, Ogogo, Vincelot. Subs: Roberts, Tomlin, Scannell, Currie, Walsh, Gain, Pinney.
Orient: Butcher, Omozusi, Chorley, Forbes, Cox, Dawson, Revell, Daniels, Spring, Tehoue, Smith. Subs: Lovelock, Brown, McGleish, Jarvis, Cestor, Millwood, Walker.
Referee: S Rushton.