Seven charged in connection with Extinction Rebellion protests
- Credit: Alanna Byrne
Seven people have been charged with aggravated trespass following Extinction Rebellion protests in Bow and Stratford.
They were arrested on Tuesday, July 16 in connection with protests outside construction sites.
The seven include two people from Bow - Morgan Trowland, 36, of Barry Blandford Way and Jennifer Bennett, 67, of Wellington Way.
Also charged were Jacqueline Crawford, 55, of Challice Way, Brixton; Sally Davidson, 31, of Byards Croft, Streatham and Robin Watson, 44, of Shepherds Way, Liphook, Hampshire.
The others are Rodan Bury, 30, of Lausanne, Switzerland and Marcus Decker, 30, of Lagau, Germany.
You may also want to watch:
All seven have been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court on Thursday, August 15.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 7 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash