Expo Patronum! Fans attend Harry Potter convention at ExCel
- Credit: Archant
Excited Harry Potter enthusiasts came together over the weekend to get a special taste of the magical wizarding world.
Expo Patronum, organised by US-based fansite MuggleNet Live, aimed to bring cast members and fans together to celebrate the entire Potter series.
The first fan-based convention, held at the London ExCeL Centre, in Custom House, invited fans to take part in question and answer sessions with actors including Warwick Davis (who played Filius Flitwick) and Alfie Enoch (who played Hogwarts student Dean Thomas).
Fans also had a chance to take part in a wand choreography session.
Claire Furner, from MuggleNet Live, said the day went “amazingly well”.
She added: “Attendees and talent alike seemed to enjoy the intimacy of the whole affair and have been nothing but positive over on social media after the event.”
Many of the 200 fans dressed up as their favourite characters for the day.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
Claire added: “The aim was bring fans together.
“We wanted to celebrate the Harry Potter fandom as it currently stands – seven books, eight films and millions of fans still incredible passionate for this story.”
During the day, money was also raised for Lumos, a charity set up by Harry Potter author, J.K Rowling, which aims to help millions of children around the world.