Exhibition will give residents a say on Royal Albert Dock plans
- Credit: Archant
An exhibition will unveil detailed plans for developing Royal Albert Dock and give Newham residents the chance to have their say.
They will go on display at Compressor House, Royal Docks, Dockside Road, Silvertown for three days from February 6.
Developer ABP’s vision is to create a vibrant hub for people to work and live and a new gateway to Europe for businesses from Asia. The proposals will also create up to 20,000 new jobs, a significant number of which will be available to local people.
For the first time, local people will be able to enjoy around 1km of waterfront, along with three new public squares, a dockside promenade and green links through the site.
Chairman of ABP, Xu Weiping, said: “These proposals are incredibly exciting and I am very proud that my company ABP is driving them forward. We look forward to meeting local people at the event and hearing their feedback on our plans.”
You may also want to watch:
A planning application for the whole site and a detailed application for Phase 1 of the scheme will be submitted in Spring 2014. Subject to planning approval, construction could begin as early as 2015, with Phase 1 set for completion in 2018.
The exhibition will be open on February 6 from 2pm to 9pm, February 7 from 10am to 4pm February 8 from 10am to 4pm
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
The proposals can also be viewed on the community consultation website at www.royal-albert-dock.com