ExCel takes centre stage on The Apprentice
- Credit: Boundless
If you visited the ExCel earlier this year, you could have been served by contestants on The Apprentice.
The most recent episode of the hit BBC One show saw the entrepreneurs head to the London Pet Show.
Filmed back in May, it saw Lord Alan Sugar task the two teams of hopefuls with selling three different items each.
The ExCel’s executive director, Jeremy Rees, said: “It was fabulous to see ExCel and The London Pet Show showcased on BBC One last night.
“Around four million visitors and 40,000 exhibitors will attend events at ExCel this year, generating £2.9bn of economic impact to the London economy and supporting 32,000 jobs.
“The London Pet Show attract tens of thousands of visitors from around the country and we are proud to host the event.”
Wednesday night’s show saw David Stevenson led his team to victory by selling £4,051.62 worth of luxury dog beds, animal t-shirts and balloons – the latter proving incredibly popular among the show’s young visitors.
- 1 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 6 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 7 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 8 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 9 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 10 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
Scott Saunders’ team found themselves back in the boardroom after making nearly £1,000 less than their rivals on their cat-themed stalls.
He brought Selina Waterman-Smith and Ruth Whitely back into the boardroom – and it was the latter who was fired from the show.
The Apprentice is on BBC One every Wednesday at 9pm.