ExCeL joins government campaign to highlight events industry
- Credit: ExCeL
The ExCeL has partnered with a government campaign in a bid to highlight the UK’s events industry.
The centre is supporting Great, which has been created to encourage people to visit, study in, do business and invest in this country.
Jeremy Rees, the ExCeL's chief executive, said the Royal Docks venue was proud to back the campaign, which is active in 144 countries worldwide.
"Every year we host more than one million overseas visitors as well as hundreds of thousands of buyers from businesses across every sector you can think of," he added.
"So using that platform to spread word of the Great campaign here makes good sense."
You may also want to watch:
The ExCeL displayed a message supporting the campaign around its Platinum Suite hoarding at the International Confex exhibition.
Dan Ramsay, Great director, said: "We're delighted to be partnering with one of the UK's leading events venues to showcase the very best of what this country has to offer."
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London