Ex professional athletes attend University of East London’s sports conference
- Credit: VAUGHN RIDLEY/SWPIX.COM
An ex-Olympic swimmer and a former professional footballer were part of an exciting conference yesterday aimed at students who want to pursue a career in the sports industry.
The University of East London (UEL) hosted a one day conference to enhance student’s knowledge and awareness of issues in science and sports medicine.
UEL also used the event, held at its Docklands campus, to launch its new Sports Therapy Employability Programme (STEP), a project which enables graduates to develop their skills in areas such as leadership and mentorship.
Guest speakers included ex Olympic Team GB swimmer Joanne Jackson and former footballer Andy Ansah.
Michael Cole, leader of STEP, said: “At UEL we are passionate about working with our students to help them step out into employment and become active, valuable members of the community.
You may also want to watch:
“STEP is our ongoing commitment to help equip and inspire them to achieve their goals.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham