Ex Mayor Bryan Collier collects MBE
Former Newham ceremonial mayor Cllr Bryan Collier made an emotional visit to Buckingham Palace last week to collect his MBE.
Bryan, 68, a councillor for Canning Town Southh ward, has served the borough for more than 40 years in a variety of positions.
“You don’t serve the community to get awards, but I have to say I was close to tears, “ said Bryan.
He received the award from Prince Charles.
“I would like to thanks those who nominated me for this honour, and thank you to everyone for their kind wishes and sentiments,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
One of his prodest achievements was setting up Newham’s civic awards, supported by the council and the Recorder, to honour local people.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham