Ex-footballer Sol Campbell visits Lister Community School
- Credit: Archant
Former England footballer Sol Campbell returned to his old school to meet staff and students.
He took a tour of Lister Community School, which he attended as a boy, and saw some of the pupils show off their own ball skills during a PE lessons.
As well as leaving the school a signed copy of his autobiography, the former Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur defender signed books, football boots and shirts for fans.
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said: “It was fantastic to see a former Lister student who has achieved at the highest level taking the time to come and visit current students and staff.
“Sol embodies the Lister values of ‘always aiming for excellence’ and is a great role model for our students.”
You may also want to watch:
The youngest of twelve children, Campbell grew up in Plaistow and also had spells at Portsmouth, Notts County and Newcastle United before retiring in 2012.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett