Ex-EastEnders star launches debut novel in Forest Gate
Former EastEnders actress and chart star Michelle Gayle dropped in on youngsters in Forest Gate to launch her debut novel.
The Sweetness hitmaker was at St Angela’s School to promote Pride and Premiership, which was published last week.
She told an audience of 150 students how she drew on her own experiences for the book, which tells the story of 17-year-old Remy.
The wannabe-WAG has one goal in life — to snare a footballer — but comes to realise there may be more important things to aim for.
Michelle, who has also starred in Holby City and Family Affairs, was married to ex-Premiership footballer Mark Bright for 10 years.
She said: “I felt that Pride and Prejudice is about girls that are trying to marry a man that can look after them financially, and I could see a parallel in the fact that, although we’re in a completely different century, girls wants and needs haven’t changed that much”
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network