Ex-EastEnders star launches debut novel in Forest Gate
Former EastEnders actress and chart star Michelle Gayle dropped in on youngsters in Forest Gate to launch her debut novel.
The Sweetness hitmaker was at St Angela’s School to promote Pride and Premiership, which was published last week.
She told an audience of 150 students how she drew on her own experiences for the book, which tells the story of 17-year-old Remy.
The wannabe-WAG has one goal in life — to snare a footballer — but comes to realise there may be more important things to aim for.
Michelle, who has also starred in Holby City and Family Affairs, was married to ex-Premiership footballer Mark Bright for 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I felt that Pride and Prejudice is about girls that are trying to marry a man that can look after them financially, and I could see a parallel in the fact that, although we’re in a completely different century, girls wants and needs haven’t changed that much”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation