Ex-EastEnders star launches debut novel in Forest Gate
Former EastEnders actress and chart star Michelle Gayle dropped in on youngsters in Forest Gate to launch her debut novel.
The Sweetness hitmaker was at St Angela’s School to promote Pride and Premiership, which was published last week.
She told an audience of 150 students how she drew on her own experiences for the book, which tells the story of 17-year-old Remy.
The wannabe-WAG has one goal in life — to snare a footballer — but comes to realise there may be more important things to aim for.
Michelle, who has also starred in Holby City and Family Affairs, was married to ex-Premiership footballer Mark Bright for 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I felt that Pride and Prejudice is about girls that are trying to marry a man that can look after them financially, and I could see a parallel in the fact that, although we’re in a completely different century, girls wants and needs haven’t changed that much”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford