English National Ballet to move to new home in Canning Town
- Credit: Empics Entertainment
The English National Ballet is set to relocate to a new home in Canning Town.
The leading ballet company will be sharing a building with the English National Ballet School at London City Island, a new development being built by Eco World Ballymore, close to Canning Town Station.
The company hopes to move into the new premises by Autumn 2018.
Tamara Rojo, Artistic Director of English National Ballet and English National Ballet School explained the space will also be available for other organisations to use for rehearsals too.
She said: “I want the space to echo to the sound of creative Britain.”
Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, called the move an “exciting development”.
He added: “The move will also open up new opportunities for local collaborations and further increase East London’s growing status as an important cultural centre.”
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped