England call on Wadi but he fails to deliver
HEAVYWEIGHT Wadi Camacho answered a national call once again last week when he was selected for the England squad to box in the international clash with Ireland at west London’s Marriott Hotel.
Camacho achieved international success boxing in the colours of Canning Town’s Peacock BC, but suffered a points defeat in his first appearance as a member of his new club Hainault based Gator BC.
His clash with Irish boxer Jim Sweeney was a slam-bang affair as ‘Macho Man’ Camacho found the target with powerful hooks to shake his rival in the early stages.
However, the Irish boxer fought back in style as the pair traded powerful punches in a contest that had the celebrity-studded audience roaring their approval.
There looked little between them at the final bell and the judges were split in a tight verdict – the majority vote went in Sweeney’s favour.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament finished with a 5-2 victory for the England line-up including wins for a trio of boxers from the Repton BC, Mike Evans Smith, Luqmaan Patel and Brett Beadon.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim