Embrace your curves says Stratford plus size beauty contestant
- Credit: Archant
A size 18 receptionist has reached the final of a top beauty contest and hopes her success will encourage other women to embrace their curves.
Jodie Adams, of Chatsworth Road, Stratford, is one of 30 women out of 1,100 entrants to land a place in the last stage of Miss Plus Size International.
The ceremony, held in central London on November 23, will be hosted by Claire Richards from pop group Steps and presenter Jeff Brazier.
The competition aims to celebrate larger women and show that you can be comfortable in your own skin whatever size you are.
Jodie hopes that other plus size women will see her story and be reminded that you “don’t have to be a size zero to be confident”.
You may also want to watch:
“Its OK to have imperfections, as that’s what makes us all unique,” the 26-year-old said.
“I want to reach out to other women and let them know that it’s amazing being who you are.”
- 1 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 2 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 7 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital