Embrace your curves says Stratford plus size beauty contestant
- Credit: Archant
A size 18 receptionist has reached the final of a top beauty contest and hopes her success will encourage other women to embrace their curves.
Jodie Adams, of Chatsworth Road, Stratford, is one of 30 women out of 1,100 entrants to land a place in the last stage of Miss Plus Size International.
The ceremony, held in central London on November 23, will be hosted by Claire Richards from pop group Steps and presenter Jeff Brazier.
The competition aims to celebrate larger women and show that you can be comfortable in your own skin whatever size you are.
Jodie hopes that other plus size women will see her story and be reminded that you “don’t have to be a size zero to be confident”.
You may also want to watch:
“Its OK to have imperfections, as that’s what makes us all unique,” the 26-year-old said.
“I want to reach out to other women and let them know that it’s amazing being who you are.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses