Elmhurst pupils ‘rap’ up geography week with Professor Elemental visit
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Elmhurst Primary School were treated to a visit from a rapper with a difference during their geography week.
Professor Elemental, who performs in the character of a Victorian British eccentric and describes his musical style as ‘steampunk chap-hop’, joined year 5 and 6 children for workshops as well as performing for the whole school in assemblies.
He taught the pupils about the craft of creating rap lyrics before they wrote their own verses about their identities.
They then performed their raps on stage with him in the school’s geography jamboree, where each year group showed what they had learnt throughout the week.
Teacher Jonny Walker, who is also the geography coordinator at the Upton Park Road school, said: “Professor Elemental’s visit was, to use one of his own favoured words, splendid!
You may also want to watch:
“The children and teachers were inspired and amused by his eccentric persona and dazzling lyrical abilities.
“His visit was the perfect end to a successful week celebrating the children’s high quality learning in geography.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow