Elmhurst pupils ‘rap’ up geography week with Professor Elemental visit
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Elmhurst Primary School were treated to a visit from a rapper with a difference during their geography week.
Professor Elemental, who performs in the character of a Victorian British eccentric and describes his musical style as ‘steampunk chap-hop’, joined year 5 and 6 children for workshops as well as performing for the whole school in assemblies.
He taught the pupils about the craft of creating rap lyrics before they wrote their own verses about their identities.
They then performed their raps on stage with him in the school’s geography jamboree, where each year group showed what they had learnt throughout the week.
Teacher Jonny Walker, who is also the geography coordinator at the Upton Park Road school, said: “Professor Elemental’s visit was, to use one of his own favoured words, splendid!
You may also want to watch:
“The children and teachers were inspired and amused by his eccentric persona and dazzling lyrical abilities.
“His visit was the perfect end to a successful week celebrating the children’s high quality learning in geography.”
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'