Elmhurst pupils ‘rap’ up geography week with Professor Elemental visit
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Elmhurst Primary School were treated to a visit from a rapper with a difference during their geography week.
Professor Elemental, who performs in the character of a Victorian British eccentric and describes his musical style as ‘steampunk chap-hop’, joined year 5 and 6 children for workshops as well as performing for the whole school in assemblies.
He taught the pupils about the craft of creating rap lyrics before they wrote their own verses about their identities.
They then performed their raps on stage with him in the school’s geography jamboree, where each year group showed what they had learnt throughout the week.
Teacher Jonny Walker, who is also the geography coordinator at the Upton Park Road school, said: “Professor Elemental’s visit was, to use one of his own favoured words, splendid!
You may also want to watch:
“The children and teachers were inspired and amused by his eccentric persona and dazzling lyrical abilities.
“His visit was the perfect end to a successful week celebrating the children’s high quality learning in geography.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years