Election 2017: Watch East Ham candidates take part in hustings
- Credit: Archant
Three candidates hoping to be elected as MP for East Ham have taken part in an online hustings.
Conservative Party candidate Kirsty Finlayson, Green Party candidate Chidi Oti-Obihara and Labour candidate Stephen Timms visited the Recorder office this afternoon for the event.
They answered questions posed by readers on a variety of topics, including knife crime, school funding and homelessness.
The hustings were broadcast live on the Recorder’s Facebook Live page and hosted by editor Lorraine King.
If you missed them, you can catch up now – and hopefully it will help you make your mind up ahead of next Thursday’s general election.
You may also want to watch:
The other candidates for the constituency were also invited but unable to attend.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital