Election 2015: Your questions asked at candidate Q&A session
- Credit: Archant
Get involved with the General Election and grill your prospective MPs on the issues that matter to you.
For the first time, we will be hosting candidates at Recorder HQ for our own social media evening from 7pm to 8pm on Monday April 20 – giving you the chance to directly grill them on the issues that are most important to you.
Each candidate will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you, our readers, over the issues that are most important to you.
Recorder editor Michael Adkins said: “Newham is a vibrant borough politically and our news team is looking forward to reporting on the cut and thrust of election time in our two constituencies.
“Events like our social media evening and the hustings we will cover aim to give residents the chance to contribute and really get to grips with the issues that matter to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Newham’s two seats, West Ham and East Ham, will be hotly contested by all parties this year so every vote counts.
From today, you can send us your questions for the social media evening by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Evening in the subject line.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
Alternatively, keep reading our election coverage over the coming weeks to find out how to put questions to the candidates live on the night via Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.
Stay up-to-date with the latest election news by following @NewhamRecorder and liking our Facebook page.