Egg-cellent adventure by kindhearted bikers boosts the young
Children all over Newham will have an egg-cellent easter thanks to motorbiking kindhearts.
The annual Easter Egg run staged by groups of bikers brought over 650 easter egg gifts to campaigning care grpip Community Links.
“A brilliant run in brilliant sunshine this year, ” was the message from Kevin Jenkins, Links co-founder.
The eggs, the largest number ever collected that were delivered will bring thousands of smiles to the areas most disadvantaged kids on Easter Sunday this year.
Links said special thanks to Chris Ward and employees of Ford Motors Company who collected and donated eggs and
You may also want to watch:
event organiser John Pryke – of Essex Hog Chapter of the Harley Davidson Owners group and BMF (British Motorcycle Federation and Graham Wade and Sharon Nash.
Kevin said:P “It was an absolutely wonderful effort which will bring thousands of smiles this Easter to the areas most disadvantaged children – our thanks to everyone who rode and donated eggs, for making this possible”.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
The bikers met up at various venues all over East London to collect the eggs and then delivered them to ommunity Links headquarters in Barking Road, Canning Town.