Egg-cellent adventure by kindhearted bikers boosts the young
Children all over Newham will have an egg-cellent easter thanks to motorbiking kindhearts.
The annual Easter Egg run staged by groups of bikers brought over 650 easter egg gifts to campaigning care grpip Community Links.
“A brilliant run in brilliant sunshine this year, ” was the message from Kevin Jenkins, Links co-founder.
The eggs, the largest number ever collected that were delivered will bring thousands of smiles to the areas most disadvantaged kids on Easter Sunday this year.
Links said special thanks to Chris Ward and employees of Ford Motors Company who collected and donated eggs and
event organiser John Pryke – of Essex Hog Chapter of the Harley Davidson Owners group and BMF (British Motorcycle Federation and Graham Wade and Sharon Nash.
Kevin said:P “It was an absolutely wonderful effort which will bring thousands of smiles this Easter to the areas most disadvantaged children – our thanks to everyone who rode and donated eggs, for making this possible”.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
The bikers met up at various venues all over East London to collect the eggs and then delivered them to ommunity Links headquarters in Barking Road, Canning Town.