Egg-cellent adventure by kindhearted bikers boosts the young
Children all over Newham will have an egg-cellent easter thanks to motorbiking kindhearts.
The annual Easter Egg run staged by groups of bikers brought over 650 easter egg gifts to campaigning care grpip Community Links.
“A brilliant run in brilliant sunshine this year, ” was the message from Kevin Jenkins, Links co-founder.
The eggs, the largest number ever collected that were delivered will bring thousands of smiles to the areas most disadvantaged kids on Easter Sunday this year.
Links said special thanks to Chris Ward and employees of Ford Motors Company who collected and donated eggs and
event organiser John Pryke – of Essex Hog Chapter of the Harley Davidson Owners group and BMF (British Motorcycle Federation and Graham Wade and Sharon Nash.
Kevin said:P “It was an absolutely wonderful effort which will bring thousands of smiles this Easter to the areas most disadvantaged children – our thanks to everyone who rode and donated eggs, for making this possible”.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
The bikers met up at various venues all over East London to collect the eggs and then delivered them to ommunity Links headquarters in Barking Road, Canning Town.