Youth centre opens in Canning Town today
A pioneering youth and community space is officially opening today in Canning Town.
River Christian Centre (RCC), working in partnership with youth charity XLP, have renovated a disused launderette to transform it into a youth and community space.
The aim is to provide a safe and engaging place for young people to relax and socialize while they try out activities and learn new skills.
The centre also features a sound studio, which it is hoped will provide arts-based mentoring for young people.
RCC managing director Roger Grassham said: “We are pleased to have been able to refurbish this community facility and help to meet a big need for somewhere for young people in the area to go to.”
You may also want to watch:
Swan Foundation and Transform Newham have helped fund the centre.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel