Youth centre opens in Canning Town today
A pioneering youth and community space is officially opening today in Canning Town.
River Christian Centre (RCC), working in partnership with youth charity XLP, have renovated a disused launderette to transform it into a youth and community space.
The aim is to provide a safe and engaging place for young people to relax and socialize while they try out activities and learn new skills.
The centre also features a sound studio, which it is hoped will provide arts-based mentoring for young people.
RCC managing director Roger Grassham said: “We are pleased to have been able to refurbish this community facility and help to meet a big need for somewhere for young people in the area to go to.”
You may also want to watch:
Swan Foundation and Transform Newham have helped fund the centre.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast