Youth centre opens in Canning Town today
A pioneering youth and community space is officially opening today in Canning Town.
River Christian Centre (RCC), working in partnership with youth charity XLP, have renovated a disused launderette to transform it into a youth and community space.
The aim is to provide a safe and engaging place for young people to relax and socialize while they try out activities and learn new skills.
The centre also features a sound studio, which it is hoped will provide arts-based mentoring for young people.
RCC managing director Roger Grassham said: “We are pleased to have been able to refurbish this community facility and help to meet a big need for somewhere for young people in the area to go to.”
You may also want to watch:
Swan Foundation and Transform Newham have helped fund the centre.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving