Youngsters enjoy lark at West Ham Park
Children from a Plaistow primary school had fun in the sun at West Ham Park as part of a sponsored walk to raise money for Barnado’s.
The pupils from Upton Cross in Churston Avenue took part in the Big Toddle to raise money for sick children.
Rashida Khan, early years co-ordinator and senior teacher at Upton Cross, said: “We had a lovely day.
“It is the 13th year we have taken part in the event.
“We raised more than �600 and hope to raise hit our �1,000 target.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 120 reception and nursery children took part in the charity walk to the park where they had fun with games and face painting.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines