Youngsters enjoy lark at West Ham Park
Children from a Plaistow primary school had fun in the sun at West Ham Park as part of a sponsored walk to raise money for Barnado’s.
The pupils from Upton Cross in Churston Avenue took part in the Big Toddle to raise money for sick children.
Rashida Khan, early years co-ordinator and senior teacher at Upton Cross, said: “We had a lovely day.
“It is the 13th year we have taken part in the event.
“We raised more than �600 and hope to raise hit our �1,000 target.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 120 reception and nursery children took part in the charity walk to the park where they had fun with games and face painting.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020