Youngsters enjoy lark at West Ham Park
Children from a Plaistow primary school had fun in the sun at West Ham Park as part of a sponsored walk to raise money for Barnado’s.
The pupils from Upton Cross in Churston Avenue took part in the Big Toddle to raise money for sick children.
Rashida Khan, early years co-ordinator and senior teacher at Upton Cross, said: “We had a lovely day.
“It is the 13th year we have taken part in the event.
“We raised more than �600 and hope to raise hit our �1,000 target.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 120 reception and nursery children took part in the charity walk to the park where they had fun with games and face painting.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate