Young Manor Park artists showcase their work for parents and peers
- Credit: Archant
Budding artist from across eight schools in Manor Park got the chance to show off their work to parents, colleagues and artists who have worked with them as part of a three-year project.
Their work culminated in a series of mini exhibitions and projects at Little Ilford School in Browning Road, Manor Park on Thursday (June 26). It was created as part of the Bow Arts Manor Park Consortium project. In the past year, each school has worked with an artist from Bow Arts to deliver a bespoke project for their pupils. These have been varied and have included a ceramics project at Salisbury Primary, a Matisse-inspired Family Learning project at Sheringham Nursery, a willow sculptures project at St Winifride’s Primary and a Saturday Morning Arts Award-accredited project at Little Ilford.
To celebrate the third year of the project, the schools and artists all came together for one day to showcase the work that has been created and the skills they have learnt, through an exhibition and participatory drop in workshops.
Parents and special guests also attended. The schools involved are: Little Ilford School, Essex Primary School, Monega Primary School, Dersingham Primary School, Salisbury Primary School, Sir John Heron Primary School, St Winefride’s Primary School and Sheringham Nursery School.
Lydia Ashman, education projects manager at Bow Arts, said: “It was really rewarding to see to see the fruits of all that work all in one place and for the artists that were involved with the project to see it all showcased.
“It was also really nice to see the children’s work in that context, in front of theirm peers showing off their new skills.”
She said consortium, which is supported by Arts Council England and Newham Council, is hopping to continue its work with schools in the Manor Park area.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 3 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 4 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 5 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 6 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 7 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 8 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 9 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
To view their work, go to http://www.bowarts.org/education/trail-manor-park