Winter festival showcases Newham art students’ talents
- Credit: Archant
Arts students at the University of East London showcased their talents with a winter festival of performances.
The Winterfest show on Thursday, December 5, at Stratford Circus featured UEL performing arts students showcasing their work in theatre, dance, music, film, and creative writing.
The event was organised by second year Arts Management students to give their fellow students a platform and for the experience of producing an arts event.
Luis Sotelo, senior lecturer at UEL in Theatre Studies and Community Arts Practice, said: “I cannot believe that my students put on such an amazing event.
“The feedback that I have been getting from other lecturers and the public have been nothing but praise and they are all waiting for the next year so they can come again.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Winterfest has never been like this and I think it needed students to be involved for it to produce such a good turn out like it did.
“All the stress and pressure that was put on them paid off and I cannot thank and congratulate them enough on it.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
For more information visit www.uel.ac.uk
Click on the gallery for more pictures.