Winter festival showcases Newham art students’ talents
- Credit: Archant
Arts students at the University of East London showcased their talents with a winter festival of performances.
The Winterfest show on Thursday, December 5, at Stratford Circus featured UEL performing arts students showcasing their work in theatre, dance, music, film, and creative writing.
The event was organised by second year Arts Management students to give their fellow students a platform and for the experience of producing an arts event.
Luis Sotelo, senior lecturer at UEL in Theatre Studies and Community Arts Practice, said: “I cannot believe that my students put on such an amazing event.
“The feedback that I have been getting from other lecturers and the public have been nothing but praise and they are all waiting for the next year so they can come again.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Winterfest has never been like this and I think it needed students to be involved for it to produce such a good turn out like it did.
“All the stress and pressure that was put on them paid off and I cannot thank and congratulate them enough on it.”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
For more information visit www.uel.ac.uk
Click on the gallery for more pictures.