Winter festival showcases Newham art students’ talents
- Credit: Archant
Arts students at the University of East London showcased their talents with a winter festival of performances.
The Winterfest show on Thursday, December 5, at Stratford Circus featured UEL performing arts students showcasing their work in theatre, dance, music, film, and creative writing.
The event was organised by second year Arts Management students to give their fellow students a platform and for the experience of producing an arts event.
Luis Sotelo, senior lecturer at UEL in Theatre Studies and Community Arts Practice, said: “I cannot believe that my students put on such an amazing event.
“The feedback that I have been getting from other lecturers and the public have been nothing but praise and they are all waiting for the next year so they can come again.
He added: “Winterfest has never been like this and I think it needed students to be involved for it to produce such a good turn out like it did.
“All the stress and pressure that was put on them paid off and I cannot thank and congratulate them enough on it.”
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
For more information visit www.uel.ac.uk
Click on the gallery for more pictures.