Winter festival showcases Newham art students’ talents
- Credit: Archant
Arts students at the University of East London showcased their talents with a winter festival of performances.
The Winterfest show on Thursday, December 5, at Stratford Circus featured UEL performing arts students showcasing their work in theatre, dance, music, film, and creative writing.
The event was organised by second year Arts Management students to give their fellow students a platform and for the experience of producing an arts event.
Luis Sotelo, senior lecturer at UEL in Theatre Studies and Community Arts Practice, said: “I cannot believe that my students put on such an amazing event.
“The feedback that I have been getting from other lecturers and the public have been nothing but praise and they are all waiting for the next year so they can come again.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Winterfest has never been like this and I think it needed students to be involved for it to produce such a good turn out like it did.
“All the stress and pressure that was put on them paid off and I cannot thank and congratulate them enough on it.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
For more information visit www.uel.ac.uk
Click on the gallery for more pictures.