What Stratford’s Birkbeck can offer undergraduates
This year during clearing, Stratford-based Birkbeck, University of London is offering places on twenty undergraduate degree programmes, all of which are taught in the evening, enabling students to work during the day and build up professional experience alongside their studies.
Birkbeck’s clearing hotline will be open from 9am-6pm on Thursday August 16 and Friday 17. The number is (020) 7631 6810.
Jonah Duffin, Birkbeck’s Head of Marketing and Recruitment said: “We know that employability is a big issue for people considering higher education this year. Our evening teaching means that our students are able to build both the professional and academic side of their CV so that when they graduate they have an edge over less experienced graduates.”
Students applying through Clearing can visit Birkbeck’s central London campus to get a feel for the university. On Saturday 18 August there will be an opportunity to talk to current students about their experiences at there, get information about student support, find out about loans, bursaries and financial support and to take a tour of the campus and library.
No booking required. Students can drop in at any time from 12pm – 3pm, going first to the main Birkbeck Building on Torrington Square, WC1 7HX.
You may also want to watch:
For those students who are thinking of resitting A-levels to secure a university place next year, Birkbeck also offers Certificates of Higher Education, which are flexible, modular programmes, taught at first year undergraduate level. To learn more about Birkbeck’s evening degree programmes go to www.bbk.ac.uk/clearing
Birkbeck will hold an open evening for prospective students on September 6, 4pm-7.30pm, at the Royal National Hotel in Bloomsbury. There will also be an open evening at Stratford Old Town Hall on September 20, also 4pm-7.30pm.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
For more details visit www.bbk.ac.uk/openeve.