Video: Beckton concert celebrates building of new music centre at school
- Credit: Archant
Children at a primary school ended their summer term with a lunchtime concert which also celebrated the start of construction work on a new music centre.
The concert at Gallions Primary in Beckton marked the long awaited start of building work of the school’s Music Centre.
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said the concert was a wonderful way to mark the great musical achievements of the academic year.
He said: “I’m really excited to say that the building of the Gallions Music Centre began this week. It’s due for completion in December, but seeing it start is amazing.”
Staff and students have been involved in a series of events to help raise money for the new music block, seen as an essential facility at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Once completed, the music centre is expected to become a hub for the development of local community organisations and arts projects.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision