Video: Beckton concert celebrates building of new music centre at school
- Credit: Archant
Children at a primary school ended their summer term with a lunchtime concert which also celebrated the start of construction work on a new music centre.
The concert at Gallions Primary in Beckton marked the long awaited start of building work of the school’s Music Centre.
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said the concert was a wonderful way to mark the great musical achievements of the academic year.
He said: “I’m really excited to say that the building of the Gallions Music Centre began this week. It’s due for completion in December, but seeing it start is amazing.”
Staff and students have been involved in a series of events to help raise money for the new music block, seen as an essential facility at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Once completed, the music centre is expected to become a hub for the development of local community organisations and arts projects.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 7 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station