Video: Beckton concert celebrates building of new music centre at school
- Credit: Archant
Children at a primary school ended their summer term with a lunchtime concert which also celebrated the start of construction work on a new music centre.
The concert at Gallions Primary in Beckton marked the long awaited start of building work of the school’s Music Centre.
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said the concert was a wonderful way to mark the great musical achievements of the academic year.
He said: “I’m really excited to say that the building of the Gallions Music Centre began this week. It’s due for completion in December, but seeing it start is amazing.”
Staff and students have been involved in a series of events to help raise money for the new music block, seen as an essential facility at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Once completed, the music centre is expected to become a hub for the development of local community organisations and arts projects.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum