Upton Park pupils say thank you to father figures
Pupils at an Upton Park primary school held a special event last week devoted to the positive male role models in their lives.
Upton Cross Primary held Father Figure Day at their Credon Road site and on their Churston Avenue site and encouraged their pupils to invite someone along.
Fathers, grandfathers, uncles, cousins, guardians, foster parents and big brothers were all welcome to take part in the day.
Rashida Khan, assistant head teacher, said: “As Father’s Day approachesm we wanted to raise the profile of positive male role models in children’s lives.
“We have done this event for the past three years and have had a very good turn out.”
You may also want to watch:
The children spent the afternoon with their father figures doing everyday things such as painting, sports, cooking book making, reading, and learning new computer skills.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley