Upton Park pupils say thank you to father figures
Pupils at an Upton Park primary school held a special event last week devoted to the positive male role models in their lives.
Upton Cross Primary held Father Figure Day at their Credon Road site and on their Churston Avenue site and encouraged their pupils to invite someone along.
Fathers, grandfathers, uncles, cousins, guardians, foster parents and big brothers were all welcome to take part in the day.
Rashida Khan, assistant head teacher, said: “As Father’s Day approachesm we wanted to raise the profile of positive male role models in children’s lives.
“We have done this event for the past three years and have had a very good turn out.”
You may also want to watch:
The children spent the afternoon with their father figures doing everyday things such as painting, sports, cooking book making, reading, and learning new computer skills.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues