University of East London opens state-of-the art sports science laboratory
- Credit: Archant
A new state-of-the art sports science laboratory has opened at the University of East London.
The facility, which is located at SportsDock at UEL’s Docklands campus, will give students the opportunity to hone their skills using the very latest fitness-testing equipment.
It was opened officially by Charmagne Barnes, Dean of the School of Health, Sport and Bioscience..
Sports Science lecturer, Andy Galbraith, said: “Students learn the theory in their lectures and now they can come to a space in the same building where they can get the practical hands-on experience teaching them those key sports science skills.
“They can do all of the key tests that an elite athlete would have done to assess their fitness.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all about monitoring what is going on in the body.”
The lab will also be available for use by external sports teams and organisations.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
Richard Buscombe, interim head for applied sport and exercise sciences, said, “We’ve already had players from Leyton Orient football club here.”