Loughborough University offers unemployed graduates from Newham help to find work
- Credit: Loughborough University
Unemployed graduates from Newham are being offered support to help them find work.
Inspiring Success is a two-part initiative from Loughborough University which provides employability advice and master’s funding for graduates who are struggling to find work, or are employed in jobs which don’t require their level of qualifications. The programme includes networking exercises, talks and access to a careers advisor.
To be eligible to take part in the scheme, graduates must have at least a 2:2 from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification. They should have finished university at least six months before the start of the programme, and must be either unemployed, underemployed, or earning below £570.90 per week.
Participants must also live in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest, or have done their GCSEs or A Levels there.
There’ll be an information session about the initiative today at Westfield in Stratford from 2-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Contact London@lboro.ac.uk with your name and contact number to register for the session.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum