Loughborough University offers unemployed graduates from Newham help to find work
- Credit: Loughborough University
Unemployed graduates from Newham are being offered support to help them find work.
Inspiring Success is a two-part initiative from Loughborough University which provides employability advice and master’s funding for graduates who are struggling to find work, or are employed in jobs which don’t require their level of qualifications. The programme includes networking exercises, talks and access to a careers advisor.
To be eligible to take part in the scheme, graduates must have at least a 2:2 from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification. They should have finished university at least six months before the start of the programme, and must be either unemployed, underemployed, or earning below £570.90 per week.
Participants must also live in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest, or have done their GCSEs or A Levels there.
There’ll be an information session about the initiative today at Westfield in Stratford from 2-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Contact London@lboro.ac.uk with your name and contact number to register for the session.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season