UEL urban dance students perform for Princess Anne at Stratford
- Credit: UEL
Dance students from the University of East London are performing for Princess Anne when their new college campus opens.
The campus at Stratford’s University Square is being opened officially by The Princess Royal tomorrow.
But dancing for Royalty is nothing new for some UEL students.
“I performed for the Queen for the Diamond Jubilee,” said Baanji Muteto, in his third year studying Urban Practice. “Performing for another Royal is a fantastic opportunity.”
But for others it’s a new experience, as fellow Urban Dance student Stephanie McKenzie-Sealy explained: “I have never performed in front of a member of the Royal family before and am totally thrilled.”
You may also want to watch:
The £33 million five-floor campus, built in a partnership with London University’s Birkbeck College, has 8,600sq ms of teaching and performance space as well as lecture rooms and offices, orientated around a large, light-filled atrium.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes